Revision as of 10:37, 26 August 2014 by Org
Motherboard from SCPH-1001 consoles.
PU-8 exist in two revisions :
- older version, slighty modified PU-7.
- newer version
Difference between older PU-8 and newer revision
- On older PU-8 GPU is implemented as two IC's (same as on PU-7) :
* 160pin IC203 CXD1815Q * 64pin IC207 CXD2923AR
- On newer version, GPU become single 208-pin package, which is commonly seen on later boards.
- Boot ROM in 40-pin package (same as on PU-7)
- Different SPU package numbers (CXD2922BQ on older same as on PU-7, CXD2925Q on newer)
- VRAM is divided on 2 chips on older version, same as on PU-7
- 80pin SUB-CPU with MC68HC05L16 core (newer version has 52pin package with G6 revision of 68HC05), same as on PU-7
- Older PU-8 use BQ-revision of CPU (same as PU-7), newer PU-8 use CQ-revision.
Difference between PU-7 and early PU-8
- PU-7 using 100pin package CD DSP (CXD2516Q), PU-8 use 80pin package (CXD2510Q)
- PU-7 using older version of CD-controller (CXD1199BQ), PU-8 use CXD1815Q